Many of the video training modules listed below are hosted by Lynda.com. Their short, topic-based videos let you drill down to the specific task you need training on, yet still allow for complete training on any given subject by watching all videos in a course. When we find great YouTube and other training video sources, we’ll list them here, too.
How to Access Lynda.com Training Videos
Faculty, staff, and students all have access to the full catalog of topics and courses at Lynda.com. Here’s how to access these videos:
- Login to MyUW with your NetID and password.
- Locate and click the lynda.com@UW-Madison tile. If not visible in your arrangement of tiles, you may need to click Add more to home on the top right side of the navigation bar, then Add to home on the lynda.com@UW-Madison entry in the master list of MyUW items (or just click Launch from the list).
- Click the Sign In link in the upper right corner of the Lynda.com homepage.
- You will be advised that you will be redirected back to lynda.com after logging in through University of Wisconsin-Madison. Click the large blue Continue button.
- Log in at the UW-Madison login screen using your NetID and password. Because of the “single sign-on” nature of the NetID system, and because you may have already logged on to access other services, you may not be prompted to login with your NetID and password. This is normal.
- You will now be logged into Lynda.com and have the capability to click and view any of the video links in the Training Videos section below.
Video Modules and Courses
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.